Solutions71 is seeking a SURGE Virtual Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert to support a Department of Defense customer. The customer requires communication & IT services to support its CCE (C2 systems, information management systems, mail/message systems, and security systems). This support includes systems, networks, and telecommunication engineering & administration, information assurance, computer network defense, and web portal & application development as well as supporting electronic key management, project management, portfolio & configuration management, enterprise architecture, and knowledge & information management. Customer mission areas include: Information System Management Services (ISMS), Information Technology Services (ITS), Information System Administration Services (ISAS), Knowledge, Information and Application Services (KIAS), Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Services (CIAS), and Information System Support Services (ISSS).
Specific Duties / Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Maintain, install, update, to include patching, and secure operating systems and applications for USPACOM’s Virtual Machine Operating Environment (VOE).
- The current environment includes the following components; however, components may be added or removed. (VMware vCenter, VMware SRM, VMware vCOPS, VMware View, VMware ESXi, Cisco UCS, Cisco MDS, EMC Data Domain, EMC VNX SAN, EMC Isilon, EMC RPA, Tintri Storage)
- Responsible for patching of the VOE. Coordinate ASI’s if downtime required to complete patching.
- Maintain the security posture and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, in accordance with DoD and PACOM requirements, of all assigned systems and applications. Analyze processes, assigned systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
- Ensure all VOE systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
- Ensure that all VOE systems are included in the Host Base Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
- IAW DoD 8570.01-M, must meet IAT I minimum qualifications.
- Three years of experience managing, supporting, patching, backing up and restoring VMWare vCenter & Horizon View environments within DoD.
- Experience securing systems and applications in accordance with Federal, DoD regulations, directives, policies and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Two years of experience managing Cisco UCS and MDS in a DoD environment.
- Experience managing EMC Data Domain, Isilon, VNX San, and RPA Linux/UNIX in a DoD environment.
- Experience managing VMWare SRM, vCOPS and ESXi in a DoD environment.
- Experience managing Tintri storage.
- Experience supporting Host Based Security System (HBSS) agents.
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP – DCV) 6 (or later) certified in good standing.
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance
Solutions 71, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package that offers:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Visit our website at https://solutions71.com/ for company information
Solutions 71, LLC is an EOE/M/F/VET/Disability