Solutions71 is seeking a SURGE LINUX Subject Matter Expert to support a Department of Defense customer. The customer requires communication & IT services to support its CCE (C2 systems, information management systems, mail/message systems, and security systems). This support includes systems, networks, and telecommunication engineering & administration, information assurance, computer network defense, and web portal & application development as well as supporting electronic key management, project management, portfolio & configuration management, enterprise architecture, and knowledge & information management. Customer mission areas include: Information System Management Services (ISMS), Information Technology Services (ITS), Information System Administration Services (ISAS), Knowledge, Information and Application Services (KIAS), Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Services (CIAS), and Information System Support Services (ISSS).
Specific Duties / Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Ensure that all Linux/Unix systems are included in the Host Base Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
- Responsible for backup/restore Linux/UNIX systems and applications in accordance with DoD polices.
- Responsible for testing and executing the Linux/UNIX Continuity of Operations (COOP), to include, documenting and reporting the results accordingly.
- Ensure all Linux/UNIX systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
- Comply with current directives and policies to maintain and update Kickstart deployment files (classified/unclassified) for automated secure installations of mission critical Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems.
- Responsible for patching of systems and applications. Coordinate ASI’s if downtime required to complete patching.
- Maintain the security posture and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, in accordance with DoD requirements, of all assigned systems and applications. Analyze processes, assigned systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
- Create and maintain custom scripts.
- IAW DoD 8570.01-M, must meet IAT I minimum qualifications.
- At least three years of experience managing, supporting, patching, backing up and restoring Linux/UNIX systems and applications in a DoD environment.
- Experience securing systems and applications in accordance with Federal, DoD directives, policies and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Experience with managing BIND DNS.
- Experience managing Linux/UNIX operating systems in a Virtual Machine Operating Environment (VOE) like VMware.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) within a DoD environment.
- Experience managing SMTP Relay’s.
- Experience managing and securing Apache Web Servers.
- Experience managing, supporting and using a SPLUNK Syslog server
- Experience supporting Host Based Security System (HBSS) agents on Linux/UNIX systems.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) 6 (or later) certified highly desired
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance
Solutions 71, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package that offers:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Visit our website at https://solutions71.com/ for company information
Solutions 71, LLC is an EOE/M/F/VET/Disability