Solutions71 is seeking an Intermediate NBBM Engineer to assist with designing, engineering, implementing, integrating, configuring, and verifying secure network solutions for highly complex requirements within AF and DoD Information Networks in order to provide enterprise level, intermediate level, and base level networking, analysis, design, proof of concept and component testing, site surveys, implementation, installation, site acceptance and IT project management support to a DoD customer. This support facilitates the development, adaptation and deployment, and sustainment of the Air Force (AF) IT Infrastructure.
- Assist with the creation of detailed test plans, configure test environment, and provide input to test reports.
- Design, engineer, implement, integrate, configure, and verify secure network solutions for highly complex requirements within AF and DoD Information Networks.
- Develop technical solution recommendations for large scale network requirements and document findings.
- Conduct testing as required, utilizing test platforms such as Spirent Test Center for the purposes of network analytics, latency assessments, and validating network security solutions.
- Physically Survey Communications Equipment Locations (CELs) hosting existing NIPRNet Base Boundary equipment and interconnected base infrastructure nodes. Make technical recommendations necessary to integrate the NBBM solution into base or site infrastructure.
- Ensure the technical solution is compliant with regulatory requirements as defined in DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Provide detailed network (router, switch, and firewall) configuration files that depicts the changes to the boundary and core node configuration baseline in a Network Configuration Submittal prior to installation.
- Perform audit, clean up, and optimization of the existing router, switch, firewall, and web proxy configurations at each location to ensure the security of enterprise networks and transactions across the AF and DoD Information Networks.
- Provide trip reports and site drawings for all work performed. Upon completion of each installation, update engineering drawings depicting the actual installation. Deliver updated As-Built drawings, Inventory Checklist/Record/Asset Management Form.
- Significant CONUS and OCONUS travel and extended working hours required during installation events.
- 4 years of IT engineering experience with experience in the design, implementation, upgrade and troubleshooting network boundaries, and providing telecommunications engineering support on complex distributed networks of multiple classifications
- CCNA or equivalent certification required OR achieved within 6 months of hire
- IAT Level 2 8570-M Minimum Certification Required
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of network security concepts, firewalls, and load balancers
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows servers, VMware, and their networking capabilities and requirements
- Active SECRET security clearance required
Solutions 71, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package that offers:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Visit our website at https://solutions71.com/ for company information
Solutions 71, LLC is an EOE/M/F/VET/Disability