Solutions71 is seeking a SURGE Computer Network Defense Subject Matter Expert to support a Department of Defense customer. The customer requires communication & IT services to support its CCE (C2 systems, information management systems, mail/message systems, and security systems). This support includes systems, networks, and telecommunication engineering & administration, information assurance, computer network defense, and web portal & application development as well as supporting electronic key management, project management, portfolio & configuration management, enterprise architecture, and knowledge & information management. Customer mission areas include: Information System Management Services (ISMS), Information Technology Services (ITS), Information System Administration Services (ISAS), Knowledge, Information and Application Services (KIAS), Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Services (CIAS), and Information System Support Services (ISSS).
Specific Duties / Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Oversee day-to-day Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst services and responsible for supporting information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Tasks include performing wireless assessments; updating detection signatures and/or access control lists based on vendor releases and/or intelligence reporting; maintaining cyber situational awareness by participating in working groups and attending meetings when a CND representation is required (participation is limited to non-decision making activities); operating, repairing, updating, installing/removing of DoD and commercial vulnerability scanning and security patching tools such as the Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS); analyzing multiple sources of data to gain situational awareness of cyber activity; performing log analysis and event correlation to identify anomalous traffic.
- Update detection signatures and ACLs and provide recommendations for network level defensive configurations for IDS/IPS, Firewall, and packet capture devices.
- Update detection signatures and/or Access Control Lists (ACL) based on vendor release and/or intelligence reporting.
- Perform Incident Response through analysis of malicious data-sets and publicly known exploits or vulnerabilities for the creation of custom detection and prevention methods. Perform log analysis and event correlation to identify anomalous traffic. Upon discovery of anomalous traffic, initiate incident response in accordance with the Cyber Incident Response Plan (CIRP).
- Perform computer forensics to assistance with internal investigations in accordance with DoD standards and industry best practices and assist Law Enforcement Counter Intelligence (LE/CI) investigations.
- Provide cyber threat summaries, to include all incident response activities directly affecting CND or supporting activities.
- Monitor other service, DOD, and industry Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERT) Alerts, Warnings and Advisories, and use information gathered to protect associated systems.
- Develop and submit a configuration management summary of changes to maintain and validate changes to each system baseline.
- IAW DoD 8570.01-M, must meet Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) minimum qualifications.
- Five years of experience related to IA, IT, CND, or defensive cyberspace operations.
- Experience managing network IDS and firewalls
- Experience with DoD Instructions 8530 and 8551.
- Experience with Cyber Incident Response in accordance with CJCSM 6510.01b
- Experience with managing HBSS on a distributed network.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio) in preparing analytical reports, information papers, and briefings for executive level recipients.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification is highly desired.
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance
Solutions 71, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package that offers:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Visit our website at https://solutions71.com/ for company information
Solutions 71, LLC is an EOE/M/F/VET/Disability